Performing Membership Policy
If you would like more background then go to our Membership information page or to read our history click here. The performer membership application form can be seen here
- To join Macclesfield Majestic Theatre Group as a peforming member, you must do a simple audition (obviously not needed for backstage membership - simply fill in a form - see the non-performing form)
- An audition consists of a song, simple dance, and reading from a script.
- To be in a show you should, subject to non-availability set out below, be a member of the society.
- Auditions are intended to be held four times a year, usually a month before any show, on the 1st Saturday of the corresponding month, so as to give new members a chance to audition in advance.
- Subject to availability of suitable panel members - it is wise to confirm by contacting us in advance in order to arrange matters, forthcoming audition dates are :-
- 8th September 2012
- 3rd November 2012
- 2nd February 2013
- 6th April 2013
- Once you audition, and are successful, it lasts for 10 years, so that if a membership lapses, the auditionee does not have to audition again should they want to return to the society.
- The audition will take place at the rehearsal rooms, or other venue if otherwise notified, in front of at least two members of the executive committee, one of whom may be a pianist. A pianist will, however, be provided.
- You can provide your own pieces if you wish, but please notify us in advance. Alternatively we can suggest simple material.
- Non-availability - If it is not possible to cast a production from those auditioning on set audition dates, the opportunity to audition/re-audition should be re-opened to the membership via newsletter/email.
- If parts are still not cast, the producer should notify the committee, with a view to casting from outside the society. Auditions should still take place in the presence of the original audition panel.
- If the auditionee is successful, and they are not a society member, they should be invited to join the society (and pay subs) or pay a temporary membership fee (£15 adults, £7.50 under 18s, £5 under 12s).
For further information about joining the M.M.T.G.
and audition dates, please contact our membership
email. If you want to join see the application forms (performers)
or (non-performers). To
renew your membership each year use the form on our documents